Start Where You Are.
Use What You Have.
Do What You Can.
Change starts at the local level. Whether you can volunteer one time or on an ongoing basis we welcome your help! If you are concerned about our community, state and country – We encourage you to take action. Check out our committees and their volunteering needs below. If you have time we can use it! If you’d like to share your talents and skills, we will put you to work!
Legislation and Education Committee
Our Legislation and Education committee works to make a difference in local and state issues. If there is an issue or bill on the table that we need to either support or fight – we are on top of it! We attend meetings, do the research to really know what is truly in it, and then we get to work. The committee’s outreach team strategically calls and emails our legislators and spreads the word within our club when it’s time to make some noise!
- Legislation Chair: Oversee committee, drive engagement, and set objectives and strategy. Provide updates, action items, and news to Communication Team.
- Researcher: Look into proposed bills details, and report to the group.
- Gatherer: Attend meetings and report back to the group (Local and State events)
- Outreach Leader: oversee outreach to legislators and track activity.
- Outreach Team: Make calls and emails legislators.
- Writer: Provide concise articles on bills and committee updates that we can include in a newsletter.
Campaign and Voter Integrity Committee
The Voter Integrity Committee strives to ensure New Hanover county voices are heard. We believe each legal vote counts and are passionate about voter ID, clean voter rolls and voting systems we can trust. We work with legislation and volunteer to work at the polls and be poll monitors. Our goal is to ensure that each voting location has volunteers covering it. In addition to working to ensure safe, secure elections, we promote voter registration, host Red Wave Voting Rallies and campaign across the county handing out fliers and educational materials.
- Committee Chair: Oversee committee, drive engagement, and set objectives and strategy. Provide updates and news to Communication Team.
- Poll Workers
- Poll Monitors
- Handout sample ballots outside polls during the election
- Handout Fliers (various locations)
- Neighborhood Canvassers