Start Where You Are.
Use What You Have.
Do What You Can.
Change starts at the local level. Whether you can volunteer one time or on an ongoing basis we welcome your help! If you are concerned about our community, state and country – We encourage you to take action. Check out our committees and their volunteering needs below. If you have time we can use it! If you’d like to share your talents and skills, we will put you to work!
Do you know what is going on in New Hanover County Schools? Our Education Committee focuses on protecting our children from radical gender ideologies, CRT/SEL, and data collection. We stay on top of what is going on with the New Hanover County School System and Board of Education. A determined and dedicated group of moms, grandmothers, educators and concerned community members – we fight hard to uncover what is really going on in our school system and make our voices heard!
We welcome all members to join us at School Board meetings (Location: download a map here).
- Education Chair: Oversee committee, drive engagement, set objectives and strategy. Provide updates, action items and news to Communication Team.
- Researcher: Review NHCS contracts, budgets (follow the money), teacher training presentations and resources,
- Citizen Detectives: Do you have kids in NHCS? Are you connected with teachers/staff? We want you to connect with parents and staff to learn about teacher trainings, student curriculum, surveys, programs, research what books are in our libraries and what videos are being shown.
- Parent Resource Coordinator: Find resources help support parent rights.
- Book Reviewer: Love to read? Perfect! We volunteers to actually read the books that are being given to our children.
Our legislation committee works to make a difference in local and state issues. If there is an issue or bill on the table that we need to either support or fight – we are on top of it! We attend meetings, do the research to really know what is truly in it, and then we get to work. The committee’s outreach team strategically calls and emails our legislators and spreads the word within our club when it’s time to make some noise!
- Legislation Chair: Oversee committee, drive engagement, set objectives and strategy. Provide updates, action items and news to Communication Team.
- Researcher: Look into proposed bills details, report to group
- Gatherer: Attend meetings and report back to the group (Local and State events)
- Outreach Leader: oversee outreach to legislators and track activity
- Outreach Team: Make calls and emails legislators
- Writer: Provide concise articles on bills and committee updates that we can include in newsletter
Campaign and Voter Integrity Committee
The Voter Integrity Committee strives to ensure New Hanover county voices are heard. We believe each legal vote counts and are passionate about voter ID, clean voter rolls and voting systems we can trust. We work with legislation and volunteer to work at the polls and be poll monitors. Our goal is to ensure that each voting location has volunteers covering it. In addition to working to ensure safe, secure elections, we promote voter registration, host Red Wave Voting Rallies and campaign across the county handing out fliers and educational materials.
- Committee Chair: Oversee committee, drive engagement, set objectives and strategy. Provide updates and news to Communication Team.
- Poll Workers
- Poll Monitors
- Handout sample ballots outside polls during election
- Handout Fliers (various locations)
- Neighborhood Canvassers
The Communications Committee helps to get the word out about our club and communicate internally with its members. This team is responsible for managing social platforms (follow us on Facebook and Instagram!), updating the website, sending out newsletters, promoting events and helping the other committees with their initiatives. If you have a PR, marketing or design skills we’d be happy to put your talents to use!
- Gatherer: Attend meetings take notes report back
- Photographer: Attend and photograph RWC and NHC GOP events and local meetings (commissioner and BOE)
- Videographer: same as above
- Writer: Write blog post (predominately relating to local and state happenings)
- Connector: Reach out to local Billboard, radio, etc. for advertising opportunities
- Print Runner: Work with printer to prepare materials for events and meetings