Our legislation committee works to make a difference in local and state issues. If there is an issue or bill on the table that we need to either support or fight – we are on top of it! We attend meetings, do the research to really know what is really being done, and then we get to work. The committee’s outreach team strategically calls and emails our legislators and spreads the word within our club when it’s time to make some noise!
- Legislation Chair: Oversee committee, drive engagement, set objectives and strategy.
- Researcher: Look into proposed bills details, report to group
- Gatherer: Attend meetings and report back to the group (Local and State events)
- Outreach Leader: oversee outreach to legislators and track activity
- Outreach Team: Make calls and emails legislators
- Writer: Provide concise articles on bills and committee updates that we can include in newsletter